Monday, April 15, 2013

Trip to Dun-Well Doughnuts in Brooklyn, NY.



Vegan Chocolate Coconut Explosion and Cherry Pie Doughnut from Dun-Well Doughnuts in Brooklyn, NY.

After checking out the Vegan Shop-Up, I decided to stop by Dun-Well Doughnuts (an all vegan shop that has not only doughnuts but ice cream and coffee as well!) because I've heard so many great things about them. First and foremost the decor is amazing! It has an industrial, old time feel to it which is even better with the quirky beat music accompanying it. They have all these cool gadgets all over the walls and the shelves from huge acorns to vintages whisks and chocolate board signs displaying different styles of typography. It's an eclectic mix of new and old and I love the old jukebox near the counter!


They had tons of different flavors like margarita, peanut butter and jelly, pink lemonade and so on but we decided to try out the cherry pie and chocolate coconut explosion! The cherry pie is a basic chocolate covered doughnut with a cherry pie filling center that was delectable but didn't really scream cherry pie to me. While the doughnut was delicious and I would buy it again, I wouldn't call it a cherry pie doughnut. The chocolate coconut explosion on the other hand was just that, a chocolate coconut indulgence to epic proportions! I would buy it again and again and again! Ugh, just thinking about it makes me want it again!

That's pure unadulterated love right there guys! haha
That's pure unadulterated love right there guys! haha (can't believe I'm posting that btw!)

All in all, Dun-Well Doughnuts is definitely worth a trip if you live in NYC or are just visiting, you have to check them out! I cant wait to go again so I can try their other flavors including their ice cream! Not going to lie, their Doughnut Sundae sounds ridiculous but it must be delicious!

Check out their website here!

No comments:

Post a Comment