I'm back with a recipe for this yummy, delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Cashew Granola sweetened with just a touch of agave and flavored with hints of vanilla, dates and cranberries served with unsweetened almond milk. This is a quick and easy granola when you're in the mood for something chocolaty! Another great bonus is that if you let it sit long enough it'll turn your milk into chocolate milk haha. You can also add whatever dried fruits, nuts or seeds you want into this, I just used whatever I had sitting around.
- Alexis ♥
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cashew Granola
- 2 cups oats
- 10-12 dates chopped and pitted
- ½ cup raw whole cashews, chopped
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1/3 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/3 cup unsweetned, unsulphured cranberries (most of the ones I see have sugar but you can find some.)
- 2 ½ tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (omit if you’re using pb with salt)
Pre-heat your oven to 325°F.
Place the oats, chopped cashews, cranberries, dates and ground flax seeds in a bowl and mix to combine.
In a small pot, combine the peanut butter, cocoa powder and agave nectar and heat over a low flame until everything is fully incorporated. Whisk in the vanilla extract after you take it off the heat.
Pour the mixture over the oats and mix well until everything is coated.
Place everything on a parchment lined or lightly oil cookie sheet and evenly spread it out.
Bake for 20-22 minutes, mixing every 10 minutes until everything turns a slight golden brown and if you want it extra crunchy up the heat to 350°F and bake an extra five minutes.
Let cool completely before serving and store in an airtight container.