Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Avocado Lime Sorbet!




This is the simplest recipe; it takes all of five minutes to whip up! Some people find avocado in desserts odd but it actually tastes delicious, it is a fruit after all. You should try it, if only just to say you did! :)

image

Going along with my theme from my last post, more talk about my travels! This time: Los Angeles, California definitely known for being vegan friendly so that’s not really an issue haha. Before I left for California I had this misconception that it was more city like than it really is. I guess coming from NYC I’m used to public transportation that takes you everywhere you need to be and in California it seemed odd to take buses or the train and they took forever to come! Nevertheless it is a beautiful place; I enjoyed Santa Monica and the Farmer’s Market at The Grove! Hollywood was my least favorite place because it reminded me too much of Times Square which is a place you run from when you live in NY.

image
The weather in California is so nice! I wish it was like that more in the northeast. The fresh fruit and produce was in abundance and while we have farmers markets here, there is so much more available on the west coast! I would love to go back and explore again.

- Alexis

Avocado Lime Sorbet
  • ½ cup Avocado
  • ½ cup non-dairy Milk
  • ½ cup Freshly Squeezed Lime juice
  • 2-4 tablespoons Agave Nectar (more or less depending on how sweet you want it)
Directions

Puree Avocado, milk, lime juice and agave in a food processor until smooth and transfer to an airtight container to freeze overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment