Saturday, March 30, 2013

Mini Product Review


Nibmor’s Organic Drinking Chocolate in the flavor Mint is refined sugar free, gluten free, Vegan, non GMO and features only four ingredients; Organic Coconut Palm Sugar, Organic Cacao Powder, Organic Mint Flavor and Sea Salt.

How I Served It: I heated a cup of unsweetened Organic Almond Milk and whisked in the packet’s contents until fully combined.

Taste: The first thing I noticed was that I tasted no mint whatsoever! Beyond that it was a lovely deep, rich and smooth chocolate flavor which is great if you’re a fan of that! I’m a huge chocoholic so I was in love with this product!

Pros: I loved the rich chocolaty flavor, the foam that it forms on top from whisking it with the warm almond milk and how easily it combined with the milk! I can just picture how amazing it would be topped with some vegan marshmallows!  The fact that it’s refined sugar free is a huge, huge plus!

Cons:  I wish the flavor of the mint would have come through more but I would still 100% recommend it for its basic chocolate flavor. I’m still debating the use of coconut palm sugar, not because of its taste but rather what it does to the coconut industry so I would like to see it sweetened with a more industry friendly item that isn’t regular white sugar. The price is definitely steep, I bought two single packets for $3.00 and a 6 pack carton of them averages from $8.00-$10.00! I would certainly need to keep it as a luxury item every once in a while.


Amazing Grass’s Green Superfood Energy Drink Powder in the flavor Lemon Lime features a mix of green food, antioxidants, natural energy boosts, fiber, digestive enzymes and pre and probiotic blends that is sweetened with stevia leaf extract.

How I Served It: I mix the packet in with a cup of Good Belly’s Tropical Green Smoothie and a splash of unsweetened Organic Almond Milk.

Taste: The taste was a very pleasant lemon lime with just a hint of green food notes. It wasn’t chalky or powdery and blended nicely with the other flavors.

Pros: I love the health benefits of it from the greens (which include wheatgrass!) to the pre and probiotics! I’m always looking for something with probiotics because they do WONDERS for your digestion. I love the fact that the energy boosts from matcha green tea and yerba mate extract which are plant based caffeine sources. The taste is definitely a plus because it doesn’t taste just like grass which I’m sad to say their cacao infusion does. I love the fact that it doesn’t have cane sugar in it because I’m trying to avoid it. Overall, a wonderful drink powder when you’re looking for a boost to your daily juice or smoothie.

Cons: The price is my only con but I have to say it isn’t as expensive as similar drink powders. I would say the protein is a con but they do have a version with amped up protein so you can choose that one instead. The price on this averaged from $22.00-$70.00 depending on how many servings you buy. I would make this a once in a while luxury item as well because of the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment