Friday, March 1, 2013

Yummy Coconut Hazelnut Rice Pudding!




Yummy, yummy Coconut Hazelnut Rice Pudding! This rice pudding has to be my favorite because I am obsessed with all things tropical fruits! It’s easy to make and the recipe I posted is for a big batch but you can cut it in half if you want to.

The NYC Vegetarian Food Festival is tomorrow and I can’t wait! I’ll be sure to post reviews on both days with a lot of pictures haha. My gluten free month has been extended to start after the festival just in case there are things there I want to try out but the month is still on!

I have some exciting things coming up for the blog that I can’t wait for you to see!

- Alexis ♥

Coconut Hazelnut Rice Pudding
  • 3 ½ cups cooked white rice (you can sub for brown rice but it might affect the amount of liquid)
  • 4 cups unsweetened coconut milk
  • ¾ cup sugar (you can sub for agave but test out the amount to your taste)
  • 1 ½ tablespoons non-dairy hazelnut creamer
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • ½ teaspoon salt
Directions

Combine everything in a medium sized pot and bring to a boil, lower the flame and simmer for 10-20 minutes depending on your desired consistency. Keep in mind it will thicken up more as it cools.

*Tip: Make sure to break up any chunks of cooked rice before cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment