Inspired by the Vegetarian Food Festival, I made this Mock Tuna Salad because I missed the one by De La Tierra! It’s a super simple recipe that comes together within ten minutes and is really healthy as well! You can add some Kelp or Nori seasoning if you want more of a “fishy” taste but I prefer it without it. It tastes really great in wraps or on bread and you can even try the infamous “tuna melt” haha.
- Alexis ♥
Mock Tuna Salad
- 2 cups garbanzo beans, mashed (to your desired consistency)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ¼ an onion, minced
- ¼ cup celery, minced
- 1/3 -1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- ½ teaspoon chives
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon Kelp or Nori Seasoning(if you want a more fishy taste)
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ½ teaspoon dill
- You can also replace the salt with celery salt to bump up the flavor
Mash the garbanzo beans until you reach your desired consistency and then fold in the rest of your ingredients until well combined.
Serve chilled and enjoy!