Saturday, February 16, 2013

Vegan Broccoli Soup


Hey guys! I’m back after a nice little break with a delicious recipe for Broccoli Soup! This soup is so good as long as you season it right. I highly recommend using a well flavored vegetable broth, preferably homemade. I say this because I know how I season my broth which is why I only needed to add some garlic salt and pepper. A lot of vegetable broths I have tried tend to be on the blah side so I would recommend adding some bay leaves, thyme, onion powder and celery seed because those are some spices I use in my vegetable broth which definitely makes up part of the flavor of the soup.  Definitely try the soup before adding any other spices.


I hope you all had a wonderful and sweet filled Valentine’s Day! Thank you to those who messaged me about trying out the recipes, it really made happy!

- Alexis ♥

Broccoli Soup
  • 4 cups Vegetable Broth
  • 4 cups Broccoli
  • 1 Onion, chopped
  • 3-4 Garlic Cloves, chopped
  • 1 large Potato, chopped
  • 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
  • ½ Tablespoon Garlic Salt
  • Pepper to taste
Optional
  • Vegan Cheddar Cheese
Directions

Saute the onions and garlic in the olive oil over a medium flame until the onion are translucent.

Lower the flame to low and add in the potato, broccoli and vegetable broth and then bring the heat back to medium-high and bring to a boil. Boil the vegetables until very tender, this will make them easier to puree.  

Once the vegetables are tender, puree until smooth in a food processor or blender (I personally like to leave it a little chunky because when it’s super smooth it can get monotonous).  After you’re done pureeing the soup, add in the garlic salt and pepper to taste.

Serve with the some good bread and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment