Thursday, January 17, 2013

Lemon Italian Ice!


This quick dessert is so simple but I suggest freezing them in your preferred serving size so you don’t have to take out a big bowl every time! They’re definitely more like those little Italian ices you buy at your local supermarket and less of the ice cream texture tradition ones have but I enjoy the process of scraping down the dessert to taste the little icicles of sweetness! Italian ices are one of my favorite things and something I always stop and by when I see them in the city somewhere. The big plus about these is that they’re made with agave nectar rather than refined sugar so they’re healthy for you as well! I hope you enjoy them :)

image

So, if you’re ever in NYC and looking for a quick and easy place to get vegan food you should check out S’MAC near Union Square. It’s  a macaroni and cheese only eatery with a plethora of toppings and mix in’s ranging from roasted garlic to figs and served in the cast iron skillet they were cooked in! What’s great about it is that they offer gluten free and vegan version of their Mac n’ cheese as well!

Their vegan version is made with a coconut milk base and is as creamy and delicious as traditional Mac n’ cheese. If you’re a Mac n’ cheese connoisseur and live and breathe cheesy pasta goodness stop by S’MAC and build your own! I was so happy my friend introduced me to this place and even more surprised they had a vegan version available!

-  Alexis ♥ 

Lemon "Italian Ice"
  • 1 cup Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice or less depending on your tastes
  • 1 cup water
  • ¼ cup Agave Nectar
  •  2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
Directions

Whisk together all ingredients until fully incorporated and transfer to an airtight container to freeze overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment